查看
[复制链接]

主题

帖子

积分

新手上路

积分
Sadlkhasi323 发表于 2023-4-17 14:33 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
It can fill you with awe, wonder and wanderlust.  Books made the 10-hour bus journey through Laos more bearable.  They get us excited about new destinations and can change our worldview.  I've always been an avid reader, but I've been on and off.  I would read a book or two a week and then not read another book for months.  This year I want to be more consistent.  My goal for this year is to read a book a week (if not more).  As we head into the new year (where's January?), I wanted to share some of my favorite recent reads.  These books will inspire, teach and possibly change your habits. So, without further ado, the books read that McFadden is a British drug dealer who ends up in jail after he bribes an official to betray him.

In this book you'll learn about life in prison, where prisoners buy their own cells (creating a massive class system) and make their own drugs (sold on the street). While injured, McFadden also started giving backpackers tours  of the prison ( you can even pay to stay overnight)!  Buy l book cover image on Amazon Before roaming the world without a list of Italian cell phone numbers or traveling to unknown places, the phone number list  was a chef struggling in a New York City kitchen. This book (  his first) is a very well written insider account of the restaurant industry.  Crude and vulgar, as always, and he has nothing to hide.  You'll learn about drug use in the kitchen, the fast-paced restaurant industry and the dog-eat-dog world, employee loyalty to the chef (kitchen staff follow their favorite chef), and why there are some foods you should never order . Buy on Amazon Buy on Bookstore The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Work, by Charles Duhigg The Power of Habit While this book isn't about travel, it's about how we form habits An excellent research note.

Why do we do what we do?  Are we wired to repeat habits, even when they suck?  This bestselling book discusses how we form habits and gives concrete strategies on how to break bad habits and create good ones.  This book really made me rethink many of my habits, which is part of the reason I decided to read more.  Buy at Amazon Buy at Bookstore Choose Yourself!  , by James Altucher Choose Yourself A few years ago, I befriended James Altucher at a planning session.  His book is about how the new economy is making it easier for people to be their own boss and put happiness first.  The old economy was rigged; companies treated workers poorly and offered few opportunities for financial independence. From tips and advice for starting your own business to figuring out what makes you happy and doing more, Choose Yourself is an uplifting book full of practical resources.  Buy on Amazon Turn Right at Machu Picchu by Mark Adams Turn Right at Machu Picchu is a book about Adams.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则